Thursday, November 1, 2012

VISUAL THINKING RESEARCH

For this exercise, I asked my roommate, Lizeth, to complete the puzzles with me. For this exercise we completed the Theobalads Maze and the Cube Ring.

Tehobalads Maze

Lizeth's Work

 
For this exercise, I noted that Liz began to look for a pattern before actually marking anything on her page. She began by following the maze simply with her eyes and then looking at the different entrances and comparing how they were different or similar from one another. From this, Liz concluded that in the maze, all of the entrances lead to the center.
 

My Work 

 
My approach was very distinct, I immediately began trying one entrance and moved on to another without finishing it and instead of trying to see what the different entrances had to offer, I focused on finding the center. I then came to the conclusion that the way in which you entered was appealing to me, because it was sort of done in a concentric manner-- so that you had to navigate through all of the corrdors--  that made the task very relaxing.

Cube Ring

Lizeth's Work


In this puzzle, Lizeth began by counting the number of cubes in each figure, after numbering them off and realizing that the puzzle made it appear that all had 10 cubes, she then proceeded to rely on the rotation of the object to guess that while it appears to be that image C has 10 cubes, there is a possibility that if viewed from a different angle, the image would display an additional cube.
 

My Work 


For this puzzle, I took a similar approach. I too began by numbering off the cubes and then proceeded to analyzing how each figure was the same image at a different viewpoint. After comparing the different figures-- aided by memory and categorizing-- I concluded that due to the fact that there was no cube in any of the other images at that point in the figure, it would appear to be as if though the extra shaded region was an 11th cube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment